Welcome to Manchester Tour
Starting 01 October 2016.
Whether new to the city of just looking to be refreshed at the parts reached before, the Welcome to Manchester walk is a taster, teaser and trip through town on a timeless tourist trail.
The walk takes in the old and new, the ancient and artful, and the glamorous and glorious, and covers:
– The Georgian jewel that the Portico Library
– The Art Gallery to see a Pre-Raphaelite masterpiece
– The Central Library Reading Room, inspired by Rome’s St Peter’s Basilica
– Where Rolls met Royce to launch the world’s most famous luxury cars
– Manchester’s greatest building, now a 5-star hotel
– A hidden gem of a church to se ethe miraculous Stations of the Cross paintings
– The Town Hall in all its Gothic glory
The Welcome to Manchester tour finishes at the Town Hall Sculpture cafe in time for lunch.
The tour has been devised by official Manchester tour guide Ed Glinert, author of Penguin’s Manchester Compendium and he forthcoming Manchester Encyclopaedia.
The daily tours start at 10.45am by the Visitor Centre in Piccadilly Gardens, and run every day (except Christmas Day to New Year’s Day).